Terms of Service
As the artist…
- I reserve all rights granted unto me by US copyright law. My work may not be capitalized by the client nor utilized outside of fair use. This means I retain all rights (commercial, distribution, and otherwise) to the image produced unless rights are negotiated for sale.
- I do not accept commissions from minors, which, as designated by US law, is anybody under the age of 18.
- I reserve the right to refuse or terminate a commission at any time as I see fit, without reason. A full refund will be given to the client.
As the client…
- You, or the owner of the character being depicted, retain all rights to said character.
- You may use the commission image for personal use only. This includes character profiles, avatars, backgrounds, etc. In using my artwork in your online presence, you must link to at least one of my websites: this one, Tumblr, or FurAffinity, and credit me as the artist “growlybeast“.
- You may not use the commission image for commercial purposes or financial gain. In the case of adoptables, you may resell the character but not for more than what you paid me.
- If you terminate your commission with me, you will receive a refund based on how much work has been completed. I will not refund completely finished works. Unused work I have produced may be used for other projects in the future.
- My official and preferred method of contact is through my email, email@example.com.
- If a commission request is approved but payment is not received within 72 hours (3 days), the slot will be forfeited. If you have unusual circumstances, please let me know so I can give you more time.
- Payment must be received in full before I can begin working on the piece. Payment plans may be requested for commissions totaling $100 and over.
- My prices are as-is. I do not haggle. Sales and other specials will be announced when they occur.
- I accept several forms of payment, including:
Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org or http://paypal.me/growlybeast)
Google Wallet (email@example.com)
- Once I have approved your commission proposal, I will assume I have received all reference materials (images, textual descriptions, etc.) required to complete the piece. New reference material that signifigantly alters the piece than what was originally agreed upon will only be accepted with an additional fee.
- Please allow one (1) month for production time. Do not continually contact me asking the status of your commission unless a deadline is missed; all this does is slow down production time.
- If you need your piece within a specific timeframe, please let me know ahead of time. If you are particularly pressed for time, I can complete a piece within 72 hours (3 days) for a 25% upcharge, or within 24 hours (1 day) for a 50% upcharge.
- You may check the status of your commission at any time in my Trello queue, found here.
- All commissions, unless otherwise stated, come with one (1) revision round at the mid-way point and one (1) partial revision at the end.
- First revision: I send you an uncolored sketch for your approval. Changes become signifigantly more difficult after this point, so it is important to inform me of any issues you have with the piece at that time.
- Second revision: After I complete the piece, small changes may be made, but the pose and characters cannot be signifigantly altered at this point.
- Any further alterations beyond the allotted rounds will incur a minimum charge of $10 per round.
- Do not ask me to alter my style. I expect that my clients have chosen to commission me because they enjoy my art for what it is. I will not alter how I draw noses, eyes, etc. It is up to you to decide if how I draw suits your subjects.
Warning: some words or concepts described here may be upsetting. I only make mention of them to define my boundaries. Take care!
I will not portray the following subjects in commissioned artwork:
- bigotry of any kind
- minors in explicit situations
- real animals in explicit situation
- anything that makes me uncomfortable
I wish that the following terms NOT be used when referencing my artwork, in any shape or form:
I will draw any and all body configurations and identities, and will refer to such characters with respectful terminology, such as transgender, intersex, no-binary, etc.